Inclusion in the Boathouse – Rowing for All?
Ready, Row! USA #83
Catch the livestream recording on our YouTube channel & subscribe on your favorite podcast apps: Spotify, Google, Apple, Stitcher, SoundCloud, & more!
Inclusion in the Boathouse: Rowing for All?
How do we mobilize as a rowing community to make our sport more accessible to a wider range of communities, financial resources, and physical abilities? We found some folks with good, practical suggestions and best practices.
- Coach Richard Butler, former ED at 3 Rivers Rowing, former USRowing DEI chief and a member of USR’s freshly minted DEI Committee.
- Tara Morgan & Rachel Freedman of the Steady State Network, and organizers of the upcoming “Inclusive Coaching Toolkit Summit,” a global Zoom event on Oct. 3. Morgan is also founder of Seize the Oar Foundation, which advocates for access and inclusion in rowing.
- Michelle Sosa, Hydrow Athlete & HOCR Gold Cup Fund ambassador.
- Charlotte Pierce, producer/host – Pierce Press
- See Ready, Row! USA archives 2018-2020 on Rowing Chat and Rowing Chat Sponsors
All video, audio, and text content under Ready, Row! USA or ReadyRowUSA is the property of Pierce Press (PiercePress.com). All rights reserved. This episode was also distributed by Rowing.Chat in 2020 with the permission of Pierce Press. Please contact the publisher for permissions & underwriting opportunities.