Building Effective Youth
Season 5, Episode #43
Livestreaming Dec. 8 at 11 am ET
- Alex Lynn, Youth Recreational Rowing Director at Community Rowing
- Ellis Evans-Brown, Head Coach at Arlington-Belmont high school crew
In this episode, we’ll examine the characteristics of effective youth rowing programs. Our panelists emphasize the value of acquiring safe equipment and hiring experienced coaches to foster a secure and supportive learning environment.
- Physical Fitness: Rowing provides a full-body workout that enhances cardiovascular health, builds muscle strength, and improves overall fitness in young individuals.
- Psychological Development: Rowing promotes mental discipline, concentration, and resilience, contributing to the psychological well-being and personal growth of participants.
- Social Skills and Teamwork: The sport fosters camaraderie, cooperation, and communication, teaching youth the value of teamwork and collective effort.
Successful programs set up a curriculum that balances rowing techniques with engaging activities, team bonding. They ensure skill development is enjoyable and tailored to various levels of ability.
It’s also key to strengthen the program’s foundation by involving the community, organizing events, and securing sponsorships to promote accessibility and encourage continuous participation.
Catch the livestream & replays on our YouTube channel & subscribe on your favorite podcast apps: Spotify, Google, Apple, Stitcher, SoundCloud, & more. We appreciate reviews and constructive feedback!
Do you have an upcoming event at your club or organization?
Share the details of your event with our team so we can include as a "Club Spotlight" on the livestream & podcast. Click on the button below to fill out our form.