Why Does Youth Rowing Matter?
Season 5, Episode #39
Livestreaming Dec. 8 at 11 am ET
- Alex Lynn, Youth Recreational Rowing Manager at Community Rowing
- Ellis Evans-Brown, Head Coach at Arlington-Belmont high school crew
What is unique about rowing in youth sports; when is it the right choice for young athletes? What does rowing do for kids as they grow into adulthood and prepare for college and vocations? In this episode, c oaches Alex & Ellis examine the characteristics of effective youth rowing programs. They cover topics ranging from safety and motivation, and how experienced coaches can foster a secure, enjoyable, and inclusive environment.
Today, coaches Alex & Ellis examine the characteristics of effective youth rowing programs. They cover topics ranging from safety and motivation, and how experienced coaches can foster a secure, enjoyable, and inclusive environment.
- Physical Fitness: Rowing provides a full-body workout that enhances cardiovascular health, builds muscle strength, and improves overall fitness in young individuals.
- Psychological Development: Rowing promotes mental discipline, concentration, and resilience, contributing to the psychological well-being and personal growth of participants.
- Social Skills and Teamwork: The sport fosters camaraderie, cooperation, and communication, teaching youth the value of teamwork and collective effort.
Successful programs set up a curriculum that balances rowing techniques with engaging activities, team bonding. They ensure skill development is enjoyable and tailored to various levels of ability. It’s also key to strengthen the program’s foundation by involving the community, organizing events, and securing sponsorships to promote accessibility and encourage continuous participation.
Catch the livestream & replays on our YouTube channel & subscribe on your favorite podcast apps: Spotify, Google, Apple, SoundCloud, & more. We appreciate reviews and constructive feedback!
Do you have an upcoming event at your club or organization?
Share the details of your event with our team so we can include as a "Club Spotlight" on the livestream & podcast. Click on the button below to fill out our form.